- Physician-supervised: You will be under the care of either Dr. Klein and his staff, or your regular physician, during the program. Someone will always available to answer any questions and ensure that you are making the most progress possible towards your goals. During office visits with the doctor, adjustments to diabetic medications can be made, any problems or concerns are immediately addressed, and the overall progression of weight loss and/or diabetes reversal is monitored. The office visits are covered by insurance, the cost of food is not.
- Complete meal replacement: We will provide you with 5 meals per day which will completely replace your current food budget. You do not need to eat any extra food or prepare any meals on your own – this simplifies your food planning, allowing you to focus on achieving your weight loss and health goals! You are still free to consume any 0 calorie beverages in addition to the meals we provide.
Supplied on a weekly basis and available for free pickup in Dr. Klein’s office of your physicians office. Alternatively, it can be shipped to you for an additional fee. For the first 3 weeks you will never eat the same food twice – that’s 5 meals a day for 21 days – 105 different meals! Food comes frozen and individually packaged; you just defrost the next day’s meals overnight and heat them individually in the microwave or oven when ready to eat. We have condensed the long process of chopping vegetables, measuring ingredients, cooking food and cleaning up into just a few minutes of your time – freeing up valuable time in the day.
A sample daily menu might include:
- Breakfast: Pecan/strawberry cream parfait
- Morning Snack: Smoked salmon rolls
- Lunch: Avocado with crème fraîche and garlic
- Afternoon Snack: Vanilla whipped cream with nuts
- Dinner: Lemon butter catfish with a savory white cream sauce
Since the Anemone program provides 100% of necessary calories, you will eat no other food other than the Anemone meals and drink only 0 calories drinks (water, diet soda, flavored/sparkling water, black coffee, unsweetened tea, etc.). The Anemone Lifestyle meal program will replace your entire food budget.
You will meet with Dr. Klein, or your physician, in the office before the start of the diet and periodically throughout the duration of the program. The structure of office visits is as follows: 1) Initial consultation, 2) 1 week follow up, 3) If treating diabetes, there is a 2 week follow up appointment, 4) 1 month follow up, 5) Monthly follow up appointments for the duration of the program. Lab work will also be performed prior to the start of the diet and at periodic intervals during the diet to monitor progress.
If working with Dr. Klein, some accommodations can be made in the event it is difficult for a patient to make it to his Bethesda, MD office. Please contact us if you think this may be an issue. Office appointments are important for reviewing the programs progress, addressing any recent concerns or questions, and ensuring that you are on the right track to be successful in the Anemone Lifestyle program.
Duration of the Anemone program
If you have diabetes, you will be on the program for approximately 6 months. This length of time is needed to ensure successful reversal of diabetes and to reduce the chance of reoccurrence of diabetes. If your goal is weight loss alone or you are at risk for developing diabetes, you may be on the program for a more variable amount of time (typically 3-6 months, depending on desired weight loss).
What happens when I successfully complete the program
After you complete the Anemone program, we will refer you to a local nutritionist who will advise you on how to eat a similar, less restrictive diet to the Anemone diet that is just as tasty and satisfying. This will ensure that your diabetes remains in remission for the rest of your life, and that you do not regain the weight.
If, however, you do regain weight after the end of the program, a booster diet of approximately one month can be done periodically (depending on the rate of your weight gain). This will help you lose the weight you may have regained.
To hear more about the Anemone Program or schedule an initial consultation, please call 301-530-9746 or email us at email@example.com.
Fill out this form and we will contact you for an appointment.